What are Some of the Requirements?
- All vaccinations must be current.
- Must be spayed/neutered if over the age of 7 months.
- Must be social with dogs and people.
- Cannot be protective of toys, water bowls, or space.
- Be on a flea prevention program.
- Must be in overall good health.
- At least 4 months (16 wks.) of age & completed their puppy shots series.
- All dogs must complete at least our one hour temperament evaluation.
Boarding dogs are fed twice daily. We feed dry Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice formula in Small Bite, Adult, and
Lite varieties. Of course, if your pet is on a special diet, you are welcome to bring in their food. The dogs are
fed separately. This is to ensure the health and safety of those on restricted diets. We are fully equipped to
accommodate raw diets and supplements (i.e., yogurt, cottage cheese, rice, etc.). We appreciate your efforts to keep
your pet on their routine while boarding. This helps to eliminate digestive upset during their stay which, in turn,
maintains their health.
If your pet is taking medication, we will distribute it according to your veterinarians instructions. All containers
must be properly labeled and state dosage per your veterinarian. Your dog's well-being is our foremost priority.
Conveniently located next door is the South County Animal Hospital. If needed, our guests will always receive
immediate professional medical attention.
All dogs must have current proof of the following vaccines before staying with us:
The Bordetella is a vaccine to help prevent canine cough. If your dog has not had the bordetella vaccine before, or if
the vaccine is over one year old, there is a five day incubation period before they may stay with us. Our strict policy
is the reason most last minute guests cannot stay with us, as they don't have time to meet the incubation requirement.
- Rabies - Within 3 years
- Distemper Combo - Within 1 year
- Bordetella - Within 6 months
All parents must provide copies of proof of vaccinations prior to their pet's stay here at Paws Place.